VULEKA SCHOOL AND SEKOLO SA BOROKGO CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this website. As a result we would like to inform youregarding the way we would use your Personal Information. We recommend you to read this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent so that you understand our approach towards the use of your Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy. By using this web site, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the terms of this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent to Use of Personal Information (the “Customer Privacy Notice and Consent”) and agree that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information in accordance therewith. If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to use our site, and please do not provide any Personal Information through this site. This Customer Privacy Notice and Consent forms part of our Site Terms and Conditions of Use and such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa. This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act). At Vuleka School and Sekolo sa Borokgo we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your Personal Information is collected and used properly, lawfully and openly.
2 Who we are
Vuleka School and Sekolo sa Borokgo are educational institutions which provide quality education for all.
3 The information we collect
Collection of Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below. The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details, for
example when you purchase a product or services from us or when you submit enquiries to us or
contact us. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us
and what information is optional.
Examples of information we collect from you are:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your email address
• Your telephone/cell number
• Any user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to our web site.
We also collect information about you from other sources as explained below.
With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in the office products industry in order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Vuleka School and Sekolo sa Borokgo.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We may automatically collect non-Personal Information about you such as the type of internet
browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also aggregate
details which you have submitted to the site (for example, the products or services you are
interested in). You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in
providing an effective service on this web site. We may from time-to-time supply third parties with
this non-personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this website.
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the POPI
Act on privacy in electronic communications.
• What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
your experience when visiting our website. Cookies remember the type of browser you use and
which additional browser software you have installed. They also remember your preferences, such as language and region, which remain as your default settings when you revisit the website.
Cookies also allow you to rate pages and fill in comment forms. Some of the cookies we use are session
cookies and only last until you close your browser, others are persistent cookies which are stored on your computer for longer.
• How are third party cookies used?
• How do I reject and delete cookies?
4 How we use your information
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was
collected or agreed with you, for example:
• To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To notify you about changes to our service
• For market research purposes
• To assist with business development
• For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, or other malpractice
• To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
• For audit and record keeping purposes
• In connection with legal proceedings
• We will also use your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
• For monitoring and auditing site usage
• Evaluate the use of the site, products and services
• Analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
• Personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
• Make the site easier to use and to better tailor the site and our products to your interests and needs
• Help speed up your future activities and experience on the site. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your Personal Information and will not request the same information a second time.
• Collect information about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your Personal Information so as to ensure that the site presents the best web experience for you
• To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
• Suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
• Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
• You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out.
• To respond to your queries or comments
• Where we collect Personal Information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
5 Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms. We may share your Personal Information with, and obtain information about you from:
• Third parties for the purposes listed above;
• Other companies in the office products industry when we believe it will enhance the services
and products we can offer to you, but only where you have not objected to such sharing;
• Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
We may also disclose your information:
• Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
• Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
6 Personal Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information we hold and to
stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to
review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information is
Our security policies and procedures cover:
• Physical security;
• Computer and network security;
• Access to personal information;
• Secure communications;
• Security in contracting out activities or functions;
• Retention and disposal of personal information;
• Αcceptable usage of personal information;
• Governance and regulatory issues;
• Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that Personal Information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your Personal Information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
7 Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To do this,
simply contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our home page and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee, as laid down in our POPI Act Policy.
8 Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to Personal Information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date by notifying us of any changes we need to be aware of.
9 Definition of Personal Information
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable,
living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. The POPI Act, which has more specific examples if you need them, can be found at the following link:
10 Right to object
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18. (h) (iv) you have the right to object to the processing of personal information as referred to in section 11(3) of the POPIA.
11 Right to lodge a compliant
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18. (h) (v) you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (South Africa) (IRSA). The IRSA contact details are:
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Mr Marks Thibela
Chief Executive Officer
Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5207, Cell No. +27 (0) 82 746 4173
12 Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
13 How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it or need further
information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website https://www.vulekaschool.co.za in the Vuleka School and Sekolo sa Borokgo PAIA Manual.